Discover answers to the top 25 most frequently asked questions from GlobalTek Security Inc customers.
1. Where can I find a copy of the system owner's manual?You may search our library but if you run into a trouble finding it please call into our 24 hour service department 1.844.772.5276
2. What does a non-emergency signal mean on the security system?
Each system is different. This means that the non-emergency signal may mean something different depending on the system. Refer to your system user guide to assist you or contact us. Non-emergency signals can be a low but not dead back-up battery. In this case contact the service department to further assist you.
3. Why is my Wi-Fi camera offline?If you are having issues with your WiFi security camera being offline, it could be due to two possible reasons: Either the power was lost or the WiFi signal has failed.
4. How do I fix my system’s wireless connection?
Follow the user manual steps or contact support. Each system operates differently, everyone has a different technology skill set and it may be easier to speak with a technician.
5. How do I test my alarm?To ensure your system is sending signals to GlobalTek, we recommend testing it every 30 days. It’s easy to test your system, simply contact the monitoring station (1.888.221.6288) and provide your address and verbal passcode. Request the system and signals be disregarded for the time you prefer to run the system test. (usually one hour) Now arm your system in away mode, once the count down starts, open and close the front door to tell the system you are away from the home. Upon the completion of the arming process you may now test any of the devices. After one minute you can now turn off your system and call the station to find out what signals they received and place your system back online.
6. How can I replace my alarm system battery?
When a battery is getting too weak and needs replacing, your system may send you an alert or show ‘Lo Bat’ on the keypad display.
- Hardwired Alarm Panels requires (x1) 12 volt, 4, 5, 7 or 8 Amp Sealed Lead Acid battery. The size of the battery depends upon your specific panel and the types of equipment you have installed on your system. Make sure you purchase the same size battery as the one you are about to replace. Wireless systems back up batteries differ, so it is always best to contacts service. Most of the time your battery is covered under warranty. Before you replace the battery, put your system into test mode to prevent false alarms.
- Open your system’s panel. (If you need a key to open your panel a key is often left on top of the panel or screws may be used if no key lock was installed.) After opening the panel, disconnect the wires on your battery by gently tugging on the red and black.
Replace the battery by connecting the RED wire to the RED tab on the battery and the BLACK wire to the BLACK tab.
- Once the battery is connected, close the door to the panel.
Note: Remember to contact the central station to take your system of test mode.
7. How do I replace a door/window sensor battery?
When the battery in your door/window contact needs to be replaced, a “zone trouble light ” or “check” indicator will appear on your alarm keypad. You should replace the battery as soon as these indicators appear.
- A door and window contact require (1) CR123 3 volt battery (in some systems, the door and window contact will be a very slim device and will contain a single, CR2032 battery or a standard AAA battery). This battery can often be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer or battery store. DO NOT USE CHEAP BATTERIES FROM THE DOLLAR STORE, this may cause your device to leak battery acid.
- Before you replace the battery, put your system into test mode to prevent false alarms.
- From the menu, select System Management.
- Select Place System on Test. (Note: You can also call 1.844.77 (ALARM). to put your system into test mode.) To change the battery, use a flathead screwdriver to push in the tab on the end of the contact. An arrow on the front of the contact points to where the tab is located. Replace the battery, observing the proper polarity. Then, replace the front cover by snapping it into place.
- The Honeywell security system’s may need to be reset by entering your code into your system and hitting off twice. IE: 1234+OFF, 1234+OFF
8. How do I order a replacement battery?You can order replacement batteries directly from GlobalTek Security inc.
9. How do I use my home security system?First step is to find out which system you have. Once we know the current system we can now assist you. GlobalTek is always adding “How to Videos” but if you do not see yours in our FAQ section you can either Google your specific question on you tube or contact your local GlobalTek representative to help.
10. How does a door or window sensor work?A door or window sensor is typically a two-piece magnetic contact sensor. When the system is armed, and a door or window is opened, the two magnetic sensors are separated from each other, thereby tripping the alarm.
If a protected door or window with a sensor is open, you will not be able to arm the system until the door or window is closed or the zone is bypassed. If your door or window sensor is causing false alarms, the door or window may not be securely closed, or the sensor may be damaged. Swelling or contracting of the door or window due to changing weather may also result in false alarms.
11. Can I move a sensor?
YES, (Place the system on test)
Hardwired sensors may be moved if the client is capable to remove and reinstall without damaging the device. Always test the system after removal and reinstallation. Wireless devices have tamper switches and will cause a tamper trouble when opened. Place the system on test prior to doing anything. Always test the device after being moved. On all situations you are required to contact GlobalTek Security to update your zones location.
12. Can I move my keypad?No, the keypad is wired into the security panel bus. An GlobalTek CANASA trained technician can only move the keypad. He/she will ensure the keypad is wired correctly and working properly in its new location.
13. Can I replace my remote/key fob?Customers can purchase replacement key fobs from GlobalTek. In most cases GlobalTek can ship the part directly to you and walk you through setup. To order a key fob, call the residential or business number 1.844.772.5276
14. How do I set my alarm?
Each individual system has its own alarm setting sequence. You can learn to set an alarm of the installed system in your home by referring to your user manual or by contacting your local GlobalTek security professional. There are also many types of ways to arm your system, so it is best to refer to your manual or speak to a representative.
15. How do I use my phone to set the alarm?GlobalTek offers many platforms such as Alarm.com, Total Connect and Paradox my home. We have several trading videos links to help assist you but a GlobalTek representative is always on stand by to help.
16. How do I change my security code?Refer to your online security system manual or contact a representative for help changing your security code.
17. How do I reset my keypad date and time?
The date and time reset process varies from system to system. Refer to your security system user manual or contact the 24-hour service department to assist you with this task.
18. How do I adjust the chime volume on my system?
Each system is different. You can find out how to adjust the volume of the system by referring to your security system user manual contact the 24-hour service department to assist you with this task.
19. How can I update information on my account?
You may email email@example.com to change basic information. NEVER SEND PERSONAL INFORMATION OVER EMAIL, please call 1.844.772.5276 and select the administration option to help with any changes in your emergency contact list, payment method or update.
20. I am moving, how do I take GlobalTek Security system with me to my new home?
We thank you for being a loyal GlobalTek Security customer and for trusting GlobalTek to keep you safe in your new home. Call 1-844.772.5276 to have one of our trusted security experts help you transition to your new location and discuss any special moving offers that may be available to you.
21. How do I reactivate the existing GlobalTek Security system in my home?If you moved into a home with a GlobalTek system from the previous homeowner—you are one step closer to helping protect what matters most.
Now that you already have the system installed in your home, all you need to do is call GlobalTek. Most times, if the system is in working order, we may be able to get it reactivated when you Contact Us directly by phone. If the system is not working properly, a security professional will test the system during the phone call and help resolve any technical issues.